March 6th was jam-packed with activities.
- Luke Gregson, Auburn High graduate was on hand to receive the Debbie Rice Memorial Scholarship.
- Members had a successful trip to the State House, where they spoke to many of their Representatives and Senators.
- Everyone loved hearing from our Ignite-a-Team speakers.
- Todd Manley from Florence City Schools conducted a very informative session on improving digital Security.
- Dr. Tony Thacker from the SDE shared information about the upcoming spring testing.
- Tim Southerland made two big announcements:
- This year’s ALET Award winners will be receiving up to $2,500 in funding to attend an EdTech conference, such as ISTE. Applications/Nominations are due June 11th. See website for details – https://go-alet.org/awards/.
- Election nominations will be due by June 11th and will be announced at our summer conference at the BJCC on June 12th. The election will take place at Fall Conference. Positions up for election in 2018 are Executive Vice President, Secretary, and even-numbered regions. If you wish to make a nomination, please email Tim Southerland with the name of the nominee and the applicable position/region.
Our Sponsors were great. Even though they only get a short time at this meeting to visit with members, they go to a lot of effort to get their displays shipped and set up so that you can stay informed about the latest and greatest.